Hello Again

 

 Photo: Frank Loddenkemper

 

Greetings! Such a long time since my last blog entry. However, the musings on hypnosis have not stopped for me. Nor has my work assisting people going through their own trials and tribulations.  

Since the time I last wrote, I lost my beloved mom and dealt with a very long and harrowing illness of my dad and I also lost a dear friend. Like everybody else, I watched with horror as a deadly virus invaded and upended all of our lives and finally, this summer,  survived a fire at my previous home.

Safe to say: it's been an enormously challenging few years. Throughout it all, I discovered and keep discovering all the ways our own minds can either help us or hurt us when things get rough. 

You know that old cliche...the question about the glass being half-full or half empty? Well the thing that strikes me about that, is that both assessments are true. That's right. Both. At once. But if you are only allowed one answer if asked that question, then you have a decision to make, don't you? And it's an oversimplification, of course, but with a profound truth at it's core. That the decision is, ultimately, up to you.  And this is where that mind of yours rises up either a super-hero or super-villain. 

Your conscious mind sits up there fed by the unconsciousness (yet powerful) river of your emotions, your fears, your desires, your joys, your secrets, your experiences. It sits up there at the top of all that and it will be the thing that saves you, or the thing that destroys you. The thing that allows you to change a habit, confront a fear, feel happiness, defeat anxiety. The thing that will help you get out of bed each day, when circumstance attempts to sucker-punch you into the ground. 

Hypnosis happens whether you want it to or not. As I've said before - it is an entirely natural mechanism, affecting everything in that river of your subconscious mind.  If the ecosystem of that river has too many old tires, empty beer bottles and other garbage thrown in it (ie; negative suggestions) - well then it's going to affect your conscious mind quite a bit isn't it?  That's when you know it's time to clean it up. That's the beauty part - rivers of all kind, metaphoric and literal - can be cleansed.They can revert to a vibrant, thriving, clear state. And you are in charge of this. 

In general, I really hate marketing.  I know conventional wisdom says I am supposed to be "a brand" with all the answers - but I am not at all comfortable saying "Come to me, I have what you need". The truth is you already have everything you need.  I do feel entirely comfortable (and happy!) reminding you of this fact, however.  So whether you decide to contact me (or any hypnotherapist) or not - I want you to know that cleaning up your river, making choices how your subconscious mind experiences the world -or- what you let hypnotize you - I want you to know that making it sparkle again IS POSSIBLE. 

For more to think about:

https://theconversation.com/what-if-consciousness-is-not-what-drives-the-human-mind-86785


Popular posts from this blog

April 15, 2015 More than One Thing.....

Autumn 2017 *True Passion* or *The Road to Somewhere*